Sunday, August 17, 2008

Updates

Has it really been a month? How easy it is to put my blogging on the back burner- we have been in and out of the house, out of the state, out of the time-zone. I think maybe the easiest way to organize all the chaos is to go trip-by-trip.
At the end of July, we made a quick trip to Hobbs. It is always such a great time to see old friends, especially the Neweys. Mika is like my sister. we got such a workout with all the aerobic laughter. I don't think we stopped laughing even in our sleep.
Mika was throwing a Twilight party with our mutual friend June. It was a blast! We ate mushroom ravioli, drank Coke, and even had cheesecake for dessert. Then we hid out in the kitchen while some of the women battled ( and I mean BATTLED) out the question of the night- Edward or Jacob? I'm so glad it's settled now! Then we helped everyone make T-shirts, which was a lot of work, but it was fun to see everyone's personality come out in their shirts. Mine says bite me. Anyone surprised by that?
The kids spent the whole day playing in the backyard on the HUGE inflatable water slide. We may need one.
Paul was SO sweet to babysit all nine of our kids- what a brave man!
The next day we went to see The Water Horse, and then hit the pool. The kids loved the slides and different water toys. I am so glad I remembered the sunscreen, because judging by my burn, they would have fried! It was a very uncomfortable drive home.

No comments: