Monday, March 9, 2009

Pants or Capri's

Well, the boys have started baseball, so my life has officially become overly busy again. I was thinking that I don't want to neglect the blog, just because people panic and think that I'm not doing too well health wise. Actually I just started a new medication and I'm really optimistic about its effectiveness. If not, I fear the brain surgery is closer than I'd like to admit.
One of my greatest treasures is this herd of children I've been blessed with. They provide me with sympathy, love and entertainment to temper their bad behavior. I thought I'd share some of their little observations.
One day we got into a conversation in the car about the saying, "She wears the pants in that family". Josh was confused.
"Mom, doesn't everyone wear pants when it's cold?"
"Yes, Josh but that is an expression. Women used to only wear dresses, and men were always in charge, so if someone says that the lady wears the pants, it means she is in charge instead of the man."
"Oh, I see. Who wears the pants in our family?"
"Who do you think, Josh?"
He thought about it for a few seconds.
"I think you do wear the pants, but ..........I think dad wears the capri's."

I love this story. It is Josh in a nutshell.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

That is too funny!

Patterson Fam said...

Simply hilarious.

p.s. My trip to Midtown may get canceled. I hope not.

Judy said...

That would be Josh!

Jae said...

Hahahahahahahehe!!
Tooooo cute!