Sunday, February 10, 2008

Oh my gosh!

Okay I have a confession to make. I am just as bad at keeping up with the blog as I am at housekeeping, journal writing and being patient. A lot can happen in four months. A quick summary is the best I can do!

October:
In October we celebrated Aaron's 10th birthday. He is an amazingly helpful, fun and interesting kid 99% of the time, but we can see little bits of what it might be like in a few years as he becomes a teenager. It is a horrifying thought.
Josh celebrated his 8th birthday and we got to have another baptism. It was good to have people come and enjoy it with us. Josh still has a heart of gold. He would rather die than hurt anyone. He would give you the shirt off his back (but not the food off of his plate- the boy loves to eat!). He is a great friend and an even better brother. He is great!
Tod's birthday, Halloween.

November:
Anna had her 4th birthday. Well, where Josh is self sacrificing and innocent......how to put it nicely? Anna is just Anna. Dr Jekkyl or Mr. Hyde- you never know which one wake up in the morning. She is so sweet and funny and smart, but the naughty spot is called "Anna's spot" for a reason. She tells great stories and is very creative. She could play all by herself in her room all day. Anna is her own best friend!
Tod got the chance to go to Dallas with his dad to attend a Packers game. Even though the Packers lost, he had a great time.
Thanksgiving it snowed- pretty wierd for Midland, especially when it was 70 degrees the next day. Anna thought no one would notice if she scooped bits out of the pumpkin pies and nibbled them on the kitchen floor.
December:
My birthday (who cares?), and Christmas. Christmas brought more electronic toys. Aaron woke to find a Wii game under the tree from Santa and was extremely put out sice we didn't even have a Wii to play it on. He pouted until we opened all of our family gift, and the Wii suddenly appeared! It was priceless! The Wii was a great investment, even if I had to buy it in early October before they ran out. I had great fun teasing the kids about the impossibility of getting one for Christmas because there weren't any for sale anywhere. We all play it, and the kids are now experts in the field of Heavy Metal music. I never thought I would hear my kids singing Alice Cooper.
January brought our 11th anniversary followed by a trip to Albuquerque to celebrate Christmas with Tod's family. It was a very long drive! Sign-ups for baseball and more Wii playing. The Packers didn't make it to the Super bowl and I got released from my calling as the first counsellor in Primary. The next week they called me to be the Laurel advisor in Young Women's, so I get to try that again! I am so excited to get to know another group of girls and have those great lessons again.
We got back last night from going to Hobbs for a baptism. It was so fun to sit and talk to our old friends. Some things never change- except for people's kids. I can't believe how grown up everyone is! Life continues even when you're not looking.
Hopefully I can recommit myself to regular updates and not slip back into my usual laziness!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

YEAH! You're back to blogging! I love to read and see pics, so hopefully we'll see more soon! Miss you guys!