Thursday, April 10, 2008

Gapes and Sushine



You forget how happy and smoothly life is flowing until you have one of "those" days. You know the kind I'm talking about. At every turn, instead of things happening as you expect them to, everything seems to go south. It feels like there is a weight actually pulling you down- a palpable force. Today has been one of those days. Didn't sleep well, woke up late, kids whiny before school. Josh slammed his glasses in the car door, why weren't they on his face? Good question. The wind is howling; blew away my deposit slip at the bank. Had to go to Wal-mart, they didn't have half the things I went for, and a lady tried to run over us in the parking lot. Anna is sick and grumpy...again. Leah ate an entire tube of lip gloss (grape jell-o flavor). We ran out of diapers, the list goes on and on.
Then when you least expect it comes the highlight of the day. Leah has been asking for something since we went to Wal-mart this morning and I couldn't figure out what it was. "Gapes (grapes) and Sushine (sunshine)." What? She has been so frustrated with me. Then just a little bit ago I saw a commercial for Sun-Maid Raisins. Their new slogan is "Just Grapes and Sunshine". I ran to the pantry and pulled out a box of raisins to show Leah. She saw them and started clapping.
"Yeah mommy! You found it! You so Boo-full (beautiful), mommy!".
So even though this morning I was sad and ugly, this afternoon I am beautiful, all because of a package of raisins. Who knew?

No comments: