Sunday, May 4, 2008

A long week



I know, I know. It's been a while. With baseball and pink-eye and doctors appointments, we have been a busy crew. Then Friday after baseball, Anna threw up. Then Leah threw up. Then Emma threw up. You would think that at least Emma and maybe Anna would be able to make it to their bowl (right next to them) or a toilet, but strangely enough, Leah is the only on that could keep it out of the bed. All I can say is thank goodness we bought a carpet cleaner a couple weeks ago. One thing I have learned as a parent is that drop cloths are good for more than just painting!
I was just finishing complaining to Tod about how mentally/emotionally exhausted I was and then BANG! Vomit. Nothing drives you out of your self pity and into robot mommy mode faster than vomit. It has run its course, and I do mean RUN! Thankfully the boys and parents were spared the brunt of it.
Josh-2, glasses-0. Yes, even with the cool memory metal glasses he has managed to do them in. Slamming them in the door of his dads truck wasn't test enough. We had new lenses put in them and not three days after he got them back, he made a clean break- I caught him trying to tuck the earpiece into his hat to disguise the break. He just looked at me and said "What? I just felt like wearing a hat!" Duh. I guess he likes to be nearsighted.
Three more weeks of school, and then the house will be total chaos all day. I love summer! I mean it- some mothers think I'm crazy, but I love it when all my kids are home. We are just such home-bodies, and it is lovely to sleep in and have pancakes for lunch if we feel like it. It will be a dark day for me when Leah goes to school and I have to find some other purpose during the day.
Until then, I get to break up fights and clean up more vomit. Joy!

3 comments:

Connie said...

O love it when the kids are all home too. I love it when they can all play together and get these elaborate games going that last all day (and take two days to clean up). I think it is really fun to watch them use their imaginations and play together!

Not Betty Crocker said...

Hope all your little ones are better. Tell Miss Leah we missed her in nursery yesterday. It's never the same without her.

Danielle said...

I was wondering where you guys were yesterday. Sorry you guys got that crap. We have had it around here too. I thought this stuff was supposed to end with the warm weather!