Monday, April 13, 2009

An innocent bag of jelly beans







What's the best thing you've ever found in a bag of candy? I'm normally not much of a fan of jelly beans, especially those spice flavored ones, and definitely not the black ones! Blah! Jelly beans are, however, an Easter tradition. They make it into our baskets every year. I like to find interesting flavors that don't really taste like jelly beans. Cream Savers, Mike and Ike, Jolly Rancher, you know, something special. So I saw the Hawaiian Punch flavor and thought it was a winner. Definitely not black jelly beans!




But do you want to know what's worse than black jelly beans? I'll show you...


Warning: be prepared to gag.







Does this look like a jelly bean to you? Me either. This is what I got when I reached into the bag- a weird, threaded, bolt-type thing covered in a bushing of sorts. I am appalled! It is the perfect size to be a choking hazard, not to mention- is it sterile?



What would you do?

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh I would so be calling the company! Yikes that is bad!

Crystal said...

Oh, I would be raising holy HE--. That is crazy. Maybe you will get free jelly beans for life. That would rock!! Good luck. Keep us informed.

Adriane said...

I would definitely be contacting the company with MAJOR complaints!

Mel said...

Gross. This helps prove my theory that Hawaiian Punch is ghetto.