Friday, November 7, 2008

America...A Reason to Celebrate

My dad, our family's veteran

I just wanted to let everyone know about the annual Veteran's Program put on by Rusk Elementary. It is a HUGE production at the CAF hanger, every student is involved. Hundreds of local veterans and their families show up every year and it is a very special occasion for them. The are even given a gift and then they 'picnic under the planes' with the students- a free lunch sponsered by HEB. If your are, know, or happen upon a veteran, please let them know about it, we want to honor them!

10:30, Monday, November 10 at the CAF hanger- everyone is welcome, see you there!

2 comments:

wyofamily said...

Hello my friend...I miss you so much...The kids are looking good..I cant believe how everyone has grown in just a year..Where does the time go? I hope you are great....Love and miss ya

Gillian said...

Just checking in---love your updates--and your "revelation" last week. So so true!
Thank you for your sweet comment last week--I needed it! I miss you guys--I'll be there next month for a short visit. See you then?