Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight Fever


When I first picked up these books over a year ago, I had no idea what kind of craziness it would become. If I need a little pick-me-up, I can re-read the books and I am full of silly teenage romance. What more does a 30 something mom of 5 need to stay sane? Naturally I had to be there for the midnight release of Twilight. I'm no idiot though. I have read too many books and seen too many movies to have major expectations, but I LOVED it. Taking it for what it was, enjoying the love story, and inserting my little memories from the book, it was perfect. Even though it was 2:30am when we got out, I would have stayed for another showing if I could. It didn't even bother me that we were surrounded by the teeny-bopper crowd (and gay sidekicks), they treated us like any other girls. We were all girls, united in one cause- paying homage to the Cullens and our new-found love for vampires. Am I sounding pathetic yet? So if you haven't seen it yet, go. If you are still fighting the urge to jump on the bandwagon, jump!

3 comments:

Mel said...

I'm glad you liked it. I guess I will break down and see it sometime. I think a bunch of "girls" from the ward are going....in theory, that is, if they can all coordinate a good time. I'll let you know.

Megan said...

i cant wait going tonight!!

Gillian said...

I was there last night with the same pre-pubescent crowd---and appreciated the vampire loving acceptance I felt! :) Although I was slightly annoyed at all the noise and laughter (which ruined all the best non-funny scenes)---I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Well worth the 3 hours of sleep I got last night!